At the Academic Success Program (ASP) and University Tutorial Program (UTP), I interacted personally with both students and tutors. ASP provides workshops, resources, and support tools for students seeking help with challenges such as time and stress management, motivation, study strategies, etc. UTP offers free peer tutoring to Hofstra students. As a student worker in the office, my responsibilities ranged from administrative and staffing duties to student support and creative marketing strategy. Outside of the office, I tutored special education students as well. I am very proud of our accomplishments with both programs, and really enjoyed working with our #DreamTeam!
Responsibilities and Accomplishments:
– Managed recruiting/hiring process of 150+ tutors per semester; processed and cross-checked timecards
– Supervised operational process and developed branding strategy for Tutor and Academic Success Program
– Organized office functions: implemented positive changes and re-designed work flow as needed
– Updated databases/spreadsheets; drafted and composed newsletters and announcements
– Assisted in weekly workshops, presentations, and tutor training